Currently this service is only available in our Charleston location.
Diagnostic health assessment tests are a great way to find out what your body needs, in order to help you get started on the right path towards achieving optimal health. We offer a variety of diagnostic tests that each measure various aspects of your body's health. Below is a list of the current diagnostic tests we offer at a practice. Each test is followed up with a consultation with the Physician, who will review and evaluate your results with you.
HRV (Heart Rate Variability)
Heart Rate Variability (HRV) evaluates the balancing act between the sympathetic nervous system (ﬁght and ﬂight) and the parasympathetic nervous system (rest and digest). An imbalance in HRV is the #1 risk factor for sudden cardiac death. The simple hand electro-sensor test shows you a report on the balance between your heart and nervous system in minutes.
- FDA cleared
- Designed by a unique team of scientists and medical doctors with software engineering skills, the HRV testing is of great value as a preventive healthcare tool.
- Quick and reliable.
- Measurements of HRV are noninvasive and highly reproducible.
- Detects arteriosclerosis (hardening of the arteries), or loss of arterial elasticity, blood circulation status, the relative age (biological age) of blood vessels, and disturbances in the smaller blood vessels not found when measuring blood pressure with a cuff.
- Assesses cardiovascular health, management of disease progression, and the effects of medication, therapies, lifestyle changes and dietary habits.
- HRV testing is a prognostic (predictive) indicator of cardiac condition, ﬁtness, stress levels, aging, health risk levels, chronic disease condition and more. HRV training can result in enhanced health and wellness, as well as an increase in attention, concentration and short term/working memory.
BIA (Body Fat Analysis)
Our Body Fat Analysis test is always given in conjunction with our Weight Management programs. However, patients can choose to also get their BIA, separate from any program. It is a quick and non-intrusive evaluation that measures your body composition. Body composition is the measurement of body fat in relation to lean body mass. This is a much more accurate measure of your body's fat levels compared to weight.
Nutrient deficiencies have a major effect on our day-to day life. The Micronutrient test measures how nutrients are actually functioning within your white blood cells. This allows you to better assess a broad variety of clinical conditions including arthritis, cancer, cardiovascular risk, diabetes, various immunological disorders, metabolic disorders and micronutrient deficiencies.
If you have further questions about any of our tests, please call us at 843-606-2530.